Well, guess the devs were serious about nerfing Rejuv.
Resto talent: Gift of the Earthmother: Redesigned. This talent now increases spell haste by 2/4/6/8/10% instead of its previous effect. (Previously: Reduces the base global cooldown of your Rejuvenation, Lifebloom and Wild Growth spells by 4/8/12/16/20%.)
Basically, HOT’s lose 10-15ish% haste, direct spells gain 10% haste. My short thoughts:
- Haste is useful again and is no longer a serious cap for 25-man trees.
- Rejuv blanketing is dead. Rejuv (combined with new Rejuv glyph) will now be a reactive cast, not proactive. More on this once the new glyph can be tested.
- Long live Regrowth blanketing! (Seriously…it’s not going to be that much slower now than Rejuv was, and has the long-lasting HOT for Swiftmending. Just think of it as the T8 bonus on steroids).
- Nourish is fast enough already, it didn’t need a haste buff. Ah well. Hey, Non-NS+HT might play a small role again! We’re back to classic WoW!
- Everyone’s going to go back to picking up Celestial Focus, probably.
- Also, nobody’s talking about it, but Lifebloom got NERFED AGAIN! Let’s check the history (copied from WoWWiki):
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): The final heal that occurs when this spell blooms has been reduced by 20% on the base and on the spell power coefficient.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Mana cost of all ranks doubled. When Lifebloom blooms or is dispelled, it now refunds half the base mana cost of the spell per application of Lifebloom, and the heal effect is multiplied by the number of applications.
Hey, at least we got this: Rebirth: The cooldown on this spell has been lowered from 20 minutes down to 10 minutes. Cannot be used in Arenas.
So now that our HPS is down and people die because of it, we can rez them faster! (Kidding. I think.) It’d be nice if there was a way to implement this like Bloodlust/Heroism, to where it’s a short CD for wipes but long CD for re-use.